Sunday, July 6, 2008

Great Weekend!

I hope that you all had a great 4th of July weekend! We did! We started the weekend off with a bang(pun intended) on Thursday night when we did our own fire works show.

We met at Kim and Robbs place and had a cookout (the food was great), and then went over to a school nearby to light off our fireworks...we listened to music, talked, laughed, and had a great time.

Friday we drove up to my parents house and spent the afternoon with my mom and dad, my grandparents, and my sister in law (all of my brothers were either working or playing out on the lake). We ate great food and played cards. Later that might we met up with my mother-in-law, her husband, my sister-in law (Amanda), and Josh's uncle and his wife. We went over to the river and set up a gazeebo and blankets and waited for the fireworks to start.

While we waited we took a few pictures.
This is Josh gazing into his future

and Josh took this picture of me...

The fireworks finally started at about 10:05 and they were GREAT! I think they get better every year.

On Saturday we spent most of the afternoon at my mother-in-laws house having lunch with the family. Then we went shopping and then came home and watched "Dan In Real Life"...if you haven't seen this movie you should!

Today we drove back up to my parents house and spent and relaxing afternoon eating and playing games. All in all it was a great weekend.

2 comments:

indeazgirl said...

Sweet pictures :o) You totally look like you could kick someone's butt in that bottom one!
I saw Dan In Real Life a few months ago. It's really good, but it sure could be depressing on the wrong day. Maybe I've been the single girl at too many massive family reunions, but I feel for him!
Happy 4th of July!

Genevieve said...

sounds like a fun weekend!