Monday, August 11, 2008

Super Fun Weekend

We went white water rafting this weekend and it was a blast! We met at my parents house at about 10 and headed up to Jackson. We stopped along the way and had a great picnic and then headed up to get on the Hoback. We had a really fun guide, and call me crazy, but I had no idea that we would be the ones doing the rowing! I guess I kinda figured that we would just sit and enjoy the ride. But when we go there we all got paddles and we hopped in the raft and we got a short lesson on rowing and then we were off. We had pretty steady rapids most of the time, and there were some parts that I was sure I was going to fly right off the raft and into the river. I managed to hang on tho. There were a few calm spots and we were allowed to jump off the raft and swim around. Bryan and shaun did most of the swiming..they even did back flips off of the raft. The float was about an hour and 45 min, and it was a blast, I wanna make it a yearly tradition! We missed Dustin and Beth and hopefully they can come next time.

2 comments:

Chris & Stephanie said...

I love white water rafting. So much fun....

indeazgirl said...

That's so cool that y'all got to do that! It sounds like a blast. So sweet!