Thursday, December 3, 2009

our hearts are breaking

it's been a rough 24 hours at our house (aside from the fact that stone has slept through the night twice now!)...last night two of our dogs got loose and ran away and we still can't find them. and now, tonight we are having our other dog, alex, put down. he's been sick for a while (tumor growing in his nose and a heart problem), but the last few weeks have been really bad for him and we don't feel like it's fair to make him suffer. he's been joshs best friend since josh was 15. they have been through everything together...and he's the first dog that i ever loved. so in a matter of two days it lookk like we will have lost all three of our dogs. we are still holding out hope that we will find ace and wolfie (is anyone sees two black mini schnauzers running loose please call me!), but i'm not very optomistic. ace was a gift to me from my mother in law... and he was a mamas boy. he was so sweet and loving. wolfie was ace's son and was super fun and hyper. all three of our dogs are so sweet and we love them so much! this is the thing i hate about having pets....the pain you have to go through when they aren't around anymore...sometimes i wonder if it's worth it. please keep us in your thoughts for a few days...it's gonna be a rough little while.

4 comments:

Chelsi said...

So sorry sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! I hope they find their way home!

Holly said...

Sorry about Alex. I know how hard that is! Hopefully your others come home. Pets become a huge part of your lives and it's hard to deal with at time. I'm thinking about ya.

Chris & Stephanie said...

Ashley - I just read about little Alex. I am so sorry that you had to let him go. My prayers are with you and Josh.