Monday, April 13, 2009

odds and ends

not a lot has really been going on with us lately...we are kinda boring (ok...i'm the one who is boring...all i wanna do lately is sleep). we had a fun weekend. we started it off by watching "marley and me" .super cute movie....but it's terrible!!!! josh and i both BAWLED....i'm not exaggerating....we were literally sobbing at the end (ok i cried a lot of the way through it...but i'm overly emotional so that doesn't count). maybe it's because we are dog people...or maybe it's because we have an old dog who we love so much...i dunno but wow...i can't remember the last movie that made me cry like that. it really was a fantastic show (i don't think i'll watch it again tho), jennifer aniston and owen wilson are so great in this one, and the story is so cute. i have the book and i haven't read it yet...and now i'm not sure that i could read it....we'll see. but i totally recommend this movie if you are in the mood for a cute story/ tear jerker.

on saturday josh went golfing and i slept in till after 10 (it was sooo nice). that evening we got together with josh's assistant manager and his wife and went to dinner and a movie. we saw "fast and furious".
i was a fan of the first movie, not so much of the middle 2, and this one was pretty cool. i wasn't super crazy about the story line...but there was enough action scenes and fantastic cars (they brought in a lot of good old american muscle) to make up for it. i was glad to see that some of the original cast was back (at least the most important ones). it was worth seeing...but wait till it comes out on dvd...then rent it.
sunday was my little brothers birthday so we went up to the burg for and easter/ birthday dinner. the food was great, and the company was super fun (it's not that often that me and all of my brothers, spouses, and parents are all together anymore), my brothers and i can have fun no matter what we do. all in all it was a fun weekend.
now it's monday again and we have another week to work through. tomorrow seth turns 5! i can't believe that it has already been 5 years since i was at the hospital with him thinking that there was no way that i could place him with another family...that there was no way that my heart could take that kind of pain....but it's been 5 years, and i did what was best, and he's such a happy, smart, cute, amazing little boy. all of the pain and heartache was totally worth the life that he has...the family that loves him....and the smile that see in every single picture. i'm so glad that he is happy!
on a depressing note....josh and i should be on our way to cabo right now, in fact, we could be there right now! it's been so sad to think that we are here in the cold and rain when we could be in an amazing resort, sipping tropical drinks, and hanging out on the beach. but it's ok because we have planned to go to seattle in may. we know that it's not tropical, or super warm there. but it's something that we will both love and it gets us out of town for a week. we are planning on going over our 3 year anniversary...so that will be fun! i can't wait!
at 11 weeks i'm feeling great (just tired and hungry), and i count myself very lucky! it just seems like october is never going to get here. i know i'll look back and think that it went by in a flash, but as of right now it seems like an eternity.

3 comments:

Kacie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I haven't seen either but want to! I remember being so tired and it was so hard to get anything done! Good luck to you!

Holly said...

I've been wanting to see Marley & Me! Wow, I can't believe it's been 5 years for you! You are pretty amazing you know that! Are you coming to the BM appreciation dinner this year? I'd love to see you again!! :)

Shalee said...

I'm with ya- I bawled until I couldn't breathe during Marley and Me....I surprised myself that it was that emotional...I'm not even pregnant- I have NO excuse other than I am a baby!!